[kdepim-users] Calendar /Korganizer headaches

Manfred tic at tictric.net
Thu Jan 8 09:08:50 GMT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009 05:39:01 schrieb O. Sinclair:
> Manfred Mislik wrote:

> > So what filename did you enter in that field? Did you try with and
> > without filetype extension?
> >
> > I just made up a little testcase and had no problem with archiving but am
> > running a rather recent version here in Kubuntu Intrepid.
>
> I have tried a number of filenames, with and without extensions such as
> .ics .vcs .txt - as for filenames I tried stuff such as original, old,
> oldstandard, standard, oldcal, etc etc. Nothing worked.

It should suffice to enter a filename of your choice without extension. If that
gives an error it would be best to file a bug report on http://bugs.kde.org
with an exact description of what happened (or did not happen) so that
developers can have a go at it and try to reproduce that.

What you also could try is to run kontact from the commandline like so:

kontact >logfile 2>&1

This produces a file 'logfile' with the output that you get on the commandline
when you run kontact by running it from the shell (just try it to see what I
mean).
But before you do that we should wait for a comment from a developer if that
would be as helpful as it sounds at the moment because I am definitely not a
dev ;-)

And then you add your logfile to the bug report.

Regards
Manfred

tictric at jabber.ccc.de