[kdepim-users] Mini-Y2K problem with dates in address book

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 1 10:53:28 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 23:21:42 JW wrote:
> I use Kontact. I don't know exactly which KDE application represents the
> addressbook part - KAddressbook maybe?

kabc

> Anyway, today I was looking up someone's anniversary and birthday and
> noticed that it was displacing a two digit year. I thought I'd made a
> mistake in entering it so I corrected both entries to a 4-digit year and
> saved it.
>
> When I reopened the contact's details to verify, it had reverted to two
> digit years.

What distro and kontact-version is this?  In all versions I've used birthdays
and anniversaries are stored in korganizer.  I've never seen this problem - I
would have thought that date display would follow the general kde configuration
rules set in systemsettings > regional & language > country/region & language,
Time & Dates tab

> That's annoying and wrong. People shouldn't be so lazy they can't be bother
> to type two more characters.
>
> I'd like to report this as a bug, though I don't like the bug reporting
> system because it takes too much time to fillout a bug.
>
> Does anybody know what section / application this should be reported under?

First make sure that it is a bug.  If only you are seeing it, it's a
configuration error.  HTH

Anne