[kdepim-users] Fingerprint: where?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 19:39:09 GMT 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 18:20:29 Dexter Filmore wrote:
> So I had a closer look at GPG.
> Gettign there.
> Now - where's a godd place to put my fingerprint?
> eMail signature? Business Card? Letterbox? T-Shirt?

You could do any of those, but some might be more efficient than others :-)

You need to send your key to a keyserver - it will then propagate among the
other keyservers.  In konsole, just type

gpg --send-keys 4F56850D

If that doesn't work you may need to add a keyserver, like this:

gpg --send-keys  --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 4F56850D

> What's the easiest way to add one's public key with KMail?

In KMail > Settings > Configure KMail > Identities > select identity, and
Modify > Cryptography tab.  You should be able to use the Change button to add
your key for signing and for encryption.

Anne