[kdepim-users] slate.com/rss liferea works, kontact-feeds DOES NOT

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Feb 7 12:49:39 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I'm going to ask this one more time. I just figured out that my
> slate.com/rss feed hasn't worked in Kontact since October. I tried
> deleting it and adding it, but it says the feed doesn't exist.
> I fired up lifera and updated slate.com and got lots of new items.
>
> SO, Kontact-feeds: slate.com/rss doesn't work.
> liferea: http://www.slate.com/rss WORKS FINE.

I have just added slate.com/rss as feed to Akregator 1.2.9 (KDE 3.5.9)
and it works fine. Since you are using KMail 1.9.9, I guess you are
also still using KDE 3.5.9.

Please try whether it works with Akregator (but I would be surprised
because Kontact simply embeds Akregator). If it doesn't work with
Akregator 1.2.9 for you then either your distribution broke it, or my
distribution (openSUSE 11.0) fixed it, or there's a problem with your
setup.