[kdepim-users] Recent Changes to KMail

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 15:50:41 GMT 2009

Why do people insist on "fixing" things that aren't broken and obscuring how
to change things back the way they were before?

I have been fighting with KMail for the past few days to change the message
list display to the way it has always looked since I started using linux
back before there was such a thing as Fedora Core (I think it was RedHat
5.) Suddenly last week, KMail crashed on me and when it came back, it
looked nothing like it used to.

I tried just about every setting I could think of to get a threaded display
back, and the closest I could come was "Current Activity by Date,
threaded." Finally, out of desperation today, I tried "Standard Mailing
List" and voila', I finally got the display I was wanting, or something
approximating it.

Why on earth did the KDEPIM people decide they had to completely change the
default look of KMail?? Would it have been so hard to keep the old look as
the default and let people change and customize it?