[kdepim-users] Migrating all PIM data - email, contacts, calendars from 3.x to 4.x?

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Thu Feb 12 11:59:43 GMT 2009

Ingo Klöcker a écrit :
> Those problems have been resolved before the final release of KDE 4.2.0.
> Your address books and calendars will automatically be imported in
> Akonadi. This will make them available in KPilot. The other KDE PIM
> applications (Kontact, KAddressBook, KOrganizer, KMail, etc.) will
> continue to use the address books and calendars through the old
> mechanism. If you don't use KPilot, then nothing will change for you
> compared to KDE 3.5 or KDE 4.1.

Just to be sure to get it perfectly right. Further up on the road toward
KDE.{3,4,...} will Akonadi just serve as a proxy between {KAddressBook,
KOrganizer} and their std.vcf/std.ics files or will those file finally
disappear, their contents being transfered to some RDBMS.

This is quite important for me since I've got a handful of scripts that
parse those files for very specific (but really useful for me!) needs.

Should I prepare to interact with Akonadi, sooner or later, or will I
have the leave to continue hacking sort-of manually those files for
quite some time on?

TIA