[kdepim-users] Getting rid of Group Header

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 21:31:22 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 03:54:49 pm John Aldrich wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I neither know nor care what Microsoft's application looks like.  I have
> > never used it.  Come to think of it, I think the only M$ application
> > I've ever used was my grandson's package with which he made birthday
> > cards, as a child.  What is more to the point is that many people have
> > appreciated the changes.  They don't suit me, but as long as I can
> > switch them off, that's OK.  Any sentencing I do will be on people who
> > want everyone to work their way :-)
>
> Yeah... It's nice to have lots of options. My main objection, now that I
> know how to disable that junk, is that they had to go and create all those
> new configuration icons. Why couldn't they just put it all under "Settings"
> ->Configure KMail ->Appearance. That, to me, would be the logical place to
> find stuff... and while I saw that option that I changed at your direction,
> I never connected it with the whole "date" separator.
>
> It would be nice, if in the future when major changes like this are made,
> that the programmers make it easy to keep the old look and feel that
> existed in the previous configuration.

Yes!

> They have made light years of improvement in upgrading from a previous
> install. I recall upgrading to FC6 was a huge headache as it didn't save my
> username and password for various email accounts. This time, when I upgraded
> from FC6 to F10, it was virtually seamless. Then came KMail 1.11.0 and
> everything changed. Why?  What was the purpose in imposing a new look and
> feel on an existing install? Doesn't make sense to me, but that's just my
> feelings.

The programmers just like the new stuff SO MUCH better than what was that they
can't see clearly that not everybody is going to feel the same way,
apparently...

I'm still giving serious thought to moving back to an earlier version,  and
I'm not even as current as some of the rest of the folks in here.   :-(

-
M Dakin