[kdepim-users] New version - goes into full screen mode ?

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 17 12:24:54 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 22:35:23 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2009, Peter wrote:
> > I had no idea what Kwin was, checked SPM and see it is "the KDE 4 window
> > manager (KWin)"
> >
> > I'm using GNOME desktop. Can I use both at once, or do I have to
> > uninstall gnome one. I use a mix of gnome and kde apps of course.
>
> No, you can keep using GNOME of course. This was mainly an assumption on
> our side, e.g. that the most likely scenario is KMail in a KDE session.
>
> Maybe the cause is a "misunderstanding" between the application and the
> window manager in their form of communication. Which window manager are you
> using? Default Metacity or Compiz or something entirely different?

The window manager (GUI) doesn't state what it is. Looked in Synaptic package
manager, and both Metacity and Compiz are installed; also QT.

Installed 'compiz-kde' as 'compiz-gnome' was already installed.

No doubt I'd have to reboot for any changes to take effect. Will leave this now
until tomorrow, thanks for your help,

Peter