[kdepim-users] kontact: eGroupware groupdav, Help oh help oh Help

Jasper Aorangi jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:35:17 GMT 2009

Good Day all,
 I have unsuccessfully tried to get reliable calendar and addressbook
function from eGroupware with kontact.
 With egroupware 1.6.0.0 from debian experimental, I had intermittent
success using groupdav, with calendar entries being created, but on sync
sometimes they disappear, and if not they are duplicated. (as per the very
outstanding bug I guess...)
  A previous user claimed success, but how?
 With more than one calendar and user, kontact simply duplicates the
existing calendar entries, so it seems that only one groupdav calendar is
possible at one time
 groupdav address, have tried: http://<my server>/egroupware/groupdav.php
 and http://<my server>/egroupware/groupdav.php/calendar
Same result (at the moment it is null, altogether nothing....)

Adress book has never worked. There seems no option for offline cache
either, is that because it is always cached, or always not.

Is there any consistantly working setups, if so how?

kontact from debian experimental: 4:4.2.0-1
egroupware: 1.6.0.0 and 1.7

Thank you.