[kdepim-users] Why is KMail so memory-hungry?

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Fri Dec 18 21:53:57 GMT 2009

> Alternatively, you could consider going back to Ubuntu 8.04.

Agreed. I'm still using 8.04 and won't be using KDE4 anytime soon. It is just
far too different (and CPU and memory hungry) for my liking.
I have been trying every new release with virtualbox and maintain Widnows and
8.10 machines for comparison.
The way KDE4 is progressing, the more it looks like I'll become a Xfce user.
This is a shame 'cause I liked using Kontact under 3.5.

Ian