[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Dec 21 12:35:54 GMT 2009

On Monday, 2009-12-21, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Monday 21 December 2009 13:08:11 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > Can you check whether D-Bus is running when you login into your XFCE
> >  session? E.g. by opening a terminal and running "qdbus"
>
> did so, here is the output:
> :1.0
>
>  org.xfce.SessionManager
>
> :1.1
>
>  org.xfce.Xfconf

Since Xfce itself is using D-Bus, it is definitely started early enough.

> I assumed that would be done by the Xfce startup action mentioned by Pablo
> (see other post)
> here is another test I did just after login:
>
> josswern at gx270:~$ ps axf | grep kdeinit
>  1842 pts/0    S+     0:00      \_ grep kdeinit
>  1811 ?        Ss     0:00 kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running...
>  1812 ?        S      0:00  \_ kdeinit4: klauncher [kdeinit] --fd=8
>  1818 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit4: kded4 [kdeinit] e
>  1822 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit4: kglobalaccel [kdeinit]

Right. I didn't know that there is such an option, but it definitely does what
I recommended to do manually.

Unfortunately this means I am kind of out of ideas what could be causing this
:(

Do you have a saved session with Kontact running and session restoring could
interfere with manual launching?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring