[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Dec 21 12:22:05 GMT 2009

Am Monday 21 December 2009 13:08:11 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> Can you check whether D-Bus is running when you login into your XFCE
>  session? E.g. by opening a terminal and running "qdbus"

did so, here is the output:
:1.0
 org.xfce.SessionManager
:1.1
 org.xfce.Xfconf
:1.10
 org.xfce.FileManager
 org.xfce.Thunar
:1.11
 org.kde.KResourcesManager
 org.kde.korgac
:1.13
:1.14
 org.gnome.GConf
:1.15
 org.freedesktop.Notifications
:1.16
:1.17
:1.18
 org.gtk.vfs.Daemon
:1.19
 org.kde.NotificationItem-1800-1
:1.2
:1.20
 org.kde.klauncher
:1.21
 org.kde.kded
:1.23
:1.24
:1.26
 org.kde.kglobalaccel
:1.28
:1.29
:1.3
:1.5
:1.6
:1.7
 org.kde.yakuake
:1.9
org.freedesktop.DBus

> The D-Bus session bus will usually be autostarted by the first application
> using it if it is not there, but most common setups launch it a part of the
>  X  session to make sure the respective environment variable is visible to
>  all apps.
>
> Something else which can improve usage of KDE applications in non-KDE
> workspaces is to pre-launch the KDE shared runtime early on, e.g. by
>  running  kdeinit4 as part of the session startup or as an autostart
>  program.

I assumed that would be done by the Xfce startup action mentioned by Pablo
(see other post)
here is another test I did just after login:

josswern at gx270:~$ ps axf | grep kdeinit
 1842 pts/0    S+     0:00      \_ grep kdeinit
 1811 ?        Ss     0:00 kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running...
 1812 ?        S      0:00  \_ kdeinit4: klauncher [kdeinit] --fd=8
 1818 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit4: kded4 [kdeinit] e
 1822 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit4: kglobalaccel [kdeinit]

cheers&thanks again.

werner