[kdepim-users] Synching calendars and contacts

Donald F. Robertson donaldfr at donaldfrobertson.com
Tue Dec 29 18:34:56 GMT 2009

Keith, I too would like an answer to a similar question, although in my
case I'm trying to match a calendar between KOrganizater / Platform
Independent on a Zaurus palmtop and KOrganizer running on a Ubuntu
machine.  It kinda works, but is less than reliable getting the correct
appointment on the correct date.

Are you the same Keith Cowling involved in the space industry?

-- Donald

keith Cowling wrote:
> I use the full range of KDE functions bundled as 'Personal Information
> Manager' on my ASUS Eee netbook.  My desktop machine, which I have had
> from before I got converted to Linux, runs Mozilla Thunderbird and its
> calendar Sunbird under Windows XP.  I therefore have, in effect, two
> diaries that I keep connected by exporting .ics files by e-mail and
> uploading onto the other machine.  As this is time-consuming, I often
> find that I'm out with the netbook without an updated diary.  Is there
> any way that I could couple the two machines up easily and get Sunbird
> to synch with Kmail and Korganiser?
>
> Keith Cowling

Donald F. Robertson
San Francisco

DonaldFR at DonaldFRobertson.com
www.DonaldFRobertson.com

The known is finite, the unknown is infinite; intellectually we stand on
an islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability.  Our
business in every generation is to reclaim a little more land.  --
Thomas Huxley.