[kdepim-users] Synching calendars and contacts

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Tue Dec 29 18:37:40 GMT 2009

Am Tuesday 29 December 2009 19:17:45 schrieb keith Cowling:
> I use the full range of KDE functions bundled as 'Personal Information
> Manager' on my ASUS Eee netbook.  My desktop machine, which I have had
> from before I got converted to Linux, runs Mozilla Thunderbird and its
> calendar Sunbird under Windows XP.  I therefore have, in effect, two
> diaries that I keep connected by exporting .ics files by e-mail and
> uploading onto the other machine.  As this is time-consuming, I often
> find that I'm out with the netbook without an updated diary.  Is there
> any way that I could couple the two machines up easily and get Sunbird
> to synch with Kmail and Korganiser?

depends :)
to be precise: can sunbird use the .ics files from korganiser directly ?
if so, you could just create an account at http://getdropbox.com and store
your .ics/std.vcs ... files there.
then make a symlink to e.g. ~/Dropbox/pim-data/std.vcs from your
~/.kde/share/apps/kabc directory there, same for .ics files etc.
every time you change an address/appointment on one machine, this gets
automatically uploaded to the dropbox server and subsequently sync'd back to
all your other machines when they get online again.
works like a charm here.

werner