[kdepim-users] Why is KMail so memory-hungry?

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 18 21:57:54 GMT 2009

Hi Bill,

Yes, I have found the same problem. If my computer is very slow, in any app, I
look at system monitor, and it is always KMail, either chewing up CPU or
memory.

I use Ubuntu 9.04

It often crashes, especially after I do a search, and then looses all current
flags (mail read, fowarded,etc).  Not real impressed with the memory management
side of things.

Peter