[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook: How unsafe will it be to use KDE 4.4 in a production environment?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Dec 18 19:10:23 GMT 2009

On Friday 18 December 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I am a heavy user of Kaddressbook in Kontact. I am concerned about
> using KDE 4.4 with the new Kaddressbook that may or may not support
> the features that I use, and may or may not loose data. Are my fears
> unfounded? Can someone reassure me?

We wouldn't ship the new Akonadi-based KAddressBook with KDE 4.4 if we
thought it was unsafe. However, this does not mean that you shouldn't
backup your data. You should always backup your data in regular
intervals and, in particular, before you install a major update of some
piece of software.

> Furthermore, as the KDE 4.4 betas are out, I assume that the new
> Kaddressbook can be downloaded for testing. Can someone confirm that
> the KDE 4.4 beta includes the new Kaddressbook?

Yes, it does.