[kdepim-users] fancy headers

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Mon Aug 17 08:52:43 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 02:39:49 am Gary C Curtin wrote:
> On Monday 17 August 2009 8:30:35 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > On Monday 17 August 2009 02:18:17 am Gary C Curtin wrote:
> > > I am using Kmail 1.12.1 and am having trouble locating where to
set

> > message
> >
> > > preview to have fancy headers by default. Can anyone help?
> >
> > Hello, Gary --
> >
> > Try K-Mail --> View --> Headers --> Fancy Headers
>
> Hi Bruce
>
> OK, but how to set it as the default?
>
> I tried to change the lines in kmailrc to:
>
> [Reader]
> header-set-displayed=fancy
> header-style=fancy
>
> This sort of works. Get a fancy header with everything except the
date. Any
> suggestions?

Hello, Gary --

I guess I have "NO idea" of what you are really talking about doing!  I
have that setting (view, etc.) selected and ALL of my messages show up
with (would you guess it?) "Fancy Headers"!  Even when I look at old
("archived" in folders) messages, they will have the headers that I have
most-recently specified.  That is precisely what I would expect to be
meant by "setting it to default".

You must have something else in mind, but I cannot guess what!  If you
mean that you want to impose your preferences upon the people and groups
with whom you correspond -- YOUR style of headers on the messages THEY
receive from you -- that simply is not an option.  They (properly) have
the right to decide, within the limits of their respective mail-client's
capacities, how they want THEIR headers to appear.