[kdepim-users] fancy headers

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Wed Aug 19 21:39:13 BST 2009

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 03:18:53 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 August 2009 22:05:24 Gary C Curtin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 August 2009 7:04:52 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > He was told from the beginning how to set it in the gui so that it
would
> > > be persistent, but chose to edit the file instead.
> >
> > Except that the option to do so through gui is not available,
therefore I
> > resorted to editing the rc file. There was no choice involved. I
think this
> > is the whole point. My initial question was because I could not find
the
> > menu option to do this - it was missing.
>
> For crying out loud!  You've been told umpteen times how to do it from
KMail
> menus!
>
> Anne
> --
> Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase

FIRST -- I want to point out that my reply to Kishore was made in some
ignorance!  Anne has correctly pointed out that there are times when one
might well want a temporary one-message change in header style AND two
separate ways of getting the effect.

THIS strongly suggests that what Gary did at one point may well have
been a true mistake!  He should NOT have had a message open when he
made changes that he wanted to "persist" or "become default".

SECOND, it seems to me that Gary may be attempting to use Kontact to do
what really ought to be done in K-Mail.  Gary, please consider using K-
Mail as it appears in your "development" environment to see if the tool
has really disappeared or not.  Thanks.