[kdepim-users] fancy headers

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Aug 18 19:04:52 BST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 15:03:19 Kishore wrote:
> As such i completely agree that what Gary tried to do is wrong (Editing
> config files manually) and should not be done unless one knows very well
> what (s)he is doing. But as i understood, Gary first tried to set the
> option in the GUI which did not persist which is when he attempted editing
> config files. In any case he usage only made me realize that there are
> options in the message view (for fancy headers and others too) which should
> perhaps not be there at all and if present, which is the current case, the
> settings should persist.

Actually, that's not so.  What he said he had done was open the message - not
preview - then change the header.  It is quite correct that changing the
header there changes it only for that message view.  Suppose, for instance,
you felt that you wanted to check the full headers - you probably didn't want
to set all mail to full headers.

He was told from the beginning how to set it in the gui so that it would be
persistent, but chose to edit the file instead.

Anne