[kdepim-users] Exporting Kmail messages to Spreadsheet?

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 15 10:10:46 BST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 22:41:13 you wrote:
> [...]

Save the file first, then open Openoffice Spreadsheet.

> 2.  Open the Import dialog

The file I just saved only had CR (carriage return), which is fair enough,as
this is a Linux box. The CR is a special character that looks like this

ΒΆ

so, in the import dialog, uncheck 'Tab', check 'other' then past the special
character.

> 3.  Point it to a specific file?  (How do I locate a specific Kmail file,
> btw?  I assume it's buried in a maildir or mbox or something, no?) 4.
> Import.
>
> Voila?

Hmm, it sort of worked for me, but it came out as rows, no doubt you want each
line to be a column I think.

Regards,

Peter