[kdepim-users] kontact addressbook on kmail imap

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Apr 17 17:18:07 BST 2009

Hallo there

every now and then I try to use my addressbook on my imap server. int
the old KDE3 days there were major problems with german umlauts, so I
delyed the use. Now I tried it again.

Usually I let my kontact start automatically at login on my first
desktop. Without selected imap resources this works as expected. With
imap addressbook resource kmail is started as single seperate
application before kontact. If I click on the corresponding mail icon
within kontact the seperate kmail instance is shown.

If I terminate (ctrl-q) the kmail instance an click on kontacts mail
icon the embeded kmail instance is startet.

Is there something I can config, that avoids starting the seperate
kmail instance?

Martin