[kdepim-users] gpg encryption

Siegfried Gipp siegfried at rorkvell.de
Mon Apr 6 19:50:07 BST 2009

Hi,

i've run into a problem. I tried to enable gpg signatures and encryption. The
problem is, that i succeeded. But now i can not send unencrypted messages (i
had to remove the .gnupg directory to do so). Regardless of what i select,
sign message or not sign message, encrypt message or not encrypt message, i
always get the message encrypted and not signed. I tested it by sending a test
message to myself.

Am i doing something wrong? System is Ubuntu (Kubuntu), actual version. Kmail
version is 1.11.0.

BTW: Decryption works, too. But just for me and the very very few others that
use gpg. I have to communicate much with Outlook users which even do not know
what email signing is. I've encountered people trying to "open" my signature
with f.ex. the pdf reader or MS Word. So i definitely have to send messages
without signature and without encryption.

Any idea would be apprechiated.

Regards, and thanks
Siegfried Gipp