[kdepim-users] KDE Calendar

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:46:46 BST 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 12:21:10 keith Cowling wrote:
> My great little ASUS Eee has locked up had to go in for repair.  No
> fault with KDE suspected but something more fundamental related to the
> operating system...  My problem is how to look at my diary and 'To Do'
> list while I'm without it.  I've used the KDE PIM more and more since I
> acquired the Eee about a year ago and become very dependant on it. The
> data is all backed up to a USD hard drive, but now that I'm without the
> Xandros environment on the Eee, I don't know to get access to it.  I use
> a desktop running Windows XP and a a LG phone, which both have calendar
> and 'to do' functions (Thunderbird in the case of the PC), but I don't
> think either of these can open a KDE diary file.  Is there alternative
> way to access KDE diary data except waiting for my Linux machine to come
> back from repair?

Your best bet is to try to get a live CD that is KDE oriented - there are a
few around, often on magazine covers, or your could download something like
Mandriva One, which is KDE-based.  Assuming that your USB hard drive is
recognised (and if it's plugged in when you boot I would expect it to be) it
should then be possible.

Your organizer calendar is a standard ics file, so if you have any windows
application that can handle ics format you should be able to open it with that
- again, assuming that your USB hard drive isn't linux formatted.  The file in
question will be  /home/yourname/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics

Anne