[kdepim-users] Empty directories removed

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Apr 10 11:49:18 BST 2009

Am Friday 10 April 2009 12:23:10 schrieb Paolo Pozzan:
> I just removed all empty directories within my home dir. This was my
> mistake...

sure :)
(happened to me too, once in a while, but fortunately I was already using an
imap server at that time, so just recreate the new/tmp folders as written
below, resolved the issue...)

> However that command delete also all empty dirs into kmail
> subdirs. When I tried to open kmail it told me some folders (new and tmp)
> were missing. I manually re-create them, but when i get to start kmail all
> the inbox subfolders were disapperared, along with the messages inside
> them.
> Is there any way to restore at least the messages?

try the following: first copy the whole folder/subfolder tree from your
current setup to another, safe place (note: NOT a fat-formatted usb stick or
thelike!).
then use kmail's import wizzard (file-import...) to import from that copy.
no guarantee for this to work, though.

werner