[kdepim-users] Sync with Horde backend?

Eric A. Bonney eric.bonney at vanhlebarsoftware.com
Wed Sep 24 14:17:07 BST 2008

I know that I saw this discussed briefly in the archives but I wasn't
able to really tell if there was a solution or not. Here is what I would
like to be able to do.

I am running Horde on my server as a simple way to sync my phone (WM
Palm 700) with my server using Synthesis's SyncML on my phone. This part
is working just fine and I am having zero issues looking at the data in
Horde. Now I would like for a way to get the information that is in my
Horde backend into Kontact (contacts, appointments and tasks). I was
going to try and install Kolab server on my server, but it requires the
use of Cyrus email and I have my server already configured with Exim4
and really do not want to hassle with converting over my entire email
system.

So has anyone made this work with Horde without having to install Kolab?
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Eric