[kdepim-users] Setting default calendar file in KDE4

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Wed Sep 10 14:33:43 BST 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Bengt Gördén wrote:
> Den Wednesday 10 September 2008 14.03.26 skrev Dag Nygren:
> > And what about overlaying many calendar files? Pretty handy to keep
> > private and business things separate for example.
>
> I use korganizer (KDE3) with several calender files. They show up in the
> main calender window. I'm not sure if it's what you want but it works for
> me and it feel like overlaying :-)

Yes, thats what I did too.

Installing KDE4 though didn't show the "Calendars" field to the left. Under
settings I found a selection for Sidebar->Show Resource View (Not a very
intuitive text BTW, nothing about calendars...), which was clicked.
However clicking back and forth on this only shortened the sidebar a bit,
nothing seemed to happen...

Looking very, very closely though it turned out that there was a handle that
appeared and disappeared. "Grabbing" this handle and pushing it upward reveald
the old familiar "Calendars" pane. And so the story had a happy ending.

What can be learned from this:

1. The text "Show Resource View" should probably be renamed to ie. "Show
calendar resource view"

2. The different panes shouldn't be allowed to be of zero height OR the
"handle" should be a lot more visible.

Best
Dag