[kdepim-users] Identities in Kmail

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Sep 15 10:57:09 BST 2008

I am using Kmail v3.57 in openSuSE v10.3.

I have defined four identities for outgoing messages, a Default for the
great majority of messages, and three for specific small groups of To
addresses that I wish to bear variant signatures and return addresses.

In order to accomplish this, I have set three filters, typically as
follows:

Under "filter Criteria" is a list of "To contains" addresses ("Match any"
is checked),

Under "Filter Actions", "Set identity to" is set to the name of the
desired identy.

On the Advanced page, "Apply this filter to sent messages" is checked.

This does not do what I expected, and the message nevertheless goes out
with the Default identity; without any change by the filter. What, if
anything, do I have to do to choose these variant identities for those
outgoing messages? If this is impossible, I am at a loss to understand
what is the purpose of having more than one identity.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on