[kdepim-users] Identities in Kmail

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:22:18 BST 2008

Monday 15 Sep 2008 19:55:11 に Stan Goodman さんは書きました:
> At 19:39:59 on Monday Monday 15 September 2008, Anne Wilson
>
> <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 15 September 2008 10:57:09 Stan Goodman wrote:
> > > I am using Kmail v3.57 in openSuSE v10.3.
> > >
> > > I have defined four identities for outgoing messages, a Default for
> > > the great majority of messages, and three for specific small groups
> > > of To addresses that I wish to bear variant signatures and return
> > > addresses.
> > >
> > > In order to accomplish this, I have set three filters, typically as
> > > follows:
> > >
> > > Under "filter Criteria" is a list of "To contains" addresses ("Match
> > > any" is checked),
> > >
> > > Under "Filter Actions", "Set identity to" is set to the name of the
> > > desired identy.
> > >
> > > On the Advanced page, "Apply this filter to sent messages" is
> > > checked.
> > >
> > > This does not do what I expected, and the message nevertheless goes
> > > out with the Default identity; without any change by the filter.
> > > What, if anything, do I have to do to choose these variant identities
> > > for those outgoing messages? If this is impossible, I am at a loss to
> > > understand what is the purpose of having more than one identity.
> >
> > Stan, I've never tried to do that using filters so I honestly don't
> > know whether it's possible.  On my system I have separate folders for
> > such criteria as needing a particular identity.  Then it's easy, using
> > the folder's context menu
> >
> > Anne
>
> Thank you, I understand. It must have been very obvious to the authors
> that it would have been logical to provide an automatic way to do this,
> and the team ran out of steam before doing it. One of its members
> explained that recently in another context. It's fortunate that there is
> a manual way to do it, though I think it is messy design.
>
> The drawback of having to put the variant message into a separate folder
> as you suggest is that one has to remember to do so. The whole reason
> that I was looking for a filter to accomplish the switch was that I had
> been changing the signature block within the message body, but do not
> always remember to do this. Who knows? Maybe they will fix this in the a
> future release.
>
> But then I do not grasp the purpose of the unexplained ability in the
> Filter-configuration window, for allowing selection of identity; I wonder
> if anyone does.
>
> Thanks again...

Settings -> Configure KMail -> Identities -> Add -> give it a name -> OK ->
fill in detailed tabs as desired (including signature which can be set for
that particular identity).  Accept your handiwork and "apply".  Set one of
the identities to be the default.

You will now get offered the default when you send an email, but can easily
use the drop down menu to the right of it to choose another, which will be
accompanied by it's owb signature etc..  You do still have to choose the
identity, of course, if you do not want to use folders.  But once you have
chosen teh identity evrything else goes with it.  There is no need to change
the signature in the body of the email.

Or you can set certain folders to use a particular identity, as Anne said.

HTH
Lisi