[kdepim-users] Palm Treo 770

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Sep 17 18:03:53 BST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 6:16:04 pm Andre Auger wrote:
>  too would love some wisdom about hot sync. I am trying to hot synch a Palm
> TX with the Asus EEEPC operating KDE in a Xandros environment.
>
> I managed one full download from the Palm, but could not sync the KDE
> calendar to the Palm.. And I have not been able to replicate the sync
> since.
>
> Surely there's got to be a way!

I have found that, unless you have a good working udev rule that links
whatever USB port that the kernel sees your palm to /dev/pilot, that you are
going to have unreliable connections.  That is because sometimes the device
is assigned ttyUSB1, sometimes ttyUSB3, and so on. (It always seeems to be
assigned odd numbers.)

If you press hotsync and then run dmesg, you can see what port it is assigned.

Let me know if you need more details for this to make sense