[kdepim-users] distribution lists missing after upgrade to KDE

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:58:57 BST 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 18:36:12 Bob Tennent wrote:
>   "where can I find it":
>   "Well, it's in the kde SVN under
>   branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kabc/kabcdistlistupdater"
>
> That developer should be shot at dawn. Don't you people realize that
> there are users out there who actually *use* this stuff! When their
> systems get "upgraded" automatically and they suddenly lose their 100 or
> 1000-name distribution lists, they are somewhat UPSET. Referring them to
> an SVN repo isn't going to help. How can we expect to convince people to
> actually use this stuff if you make bone-headed blunders like this and
> then compound the bone-headedness by refusing to make it fixable RIGHT
> NOW if not sooner?

Being rude to people is bound to motivate them, isn't it?  You might even get
some help if you told us what all this is about.

So - what update exactly are you talking about?  What distro, what package,
what's wrong at the end of it.  If you are saying you can't use your distlist,
you can start by believing that distlists do work in KDE 4.  I have them.

Now calm down and try to tell us what all this is about

Anne