[kdepim-users] KMail 1.10.1 idea: intuitive way of creating new filter rule

Wed Oct 29 11:44:40 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 29 Oct 2008 12:50:04 pm you wrote:
> > I do not think this is currently possible but i like the concept of "keep
> >  conversations together" idea that you present. I am guessing this would
> > be easier if one used the tagging method as is in GMail. I know i would
> > definitely want something along these lines! :)
>
> for those of us who use gmail imap... you'll know tags are nothing but
> folders.

As I understand, gmail itself is not arranged in folders but emulates it.
Perhaps because of the folders like requirement of imap. I am not really sure
of the details here.

> and filtering into a folder is easy enough. as far as I know even
> gmail doesn't do what is being asked for. If I tag something and
> archive it the next reply won't auto go to tag/archive.

Filtering will be required in a tags based system such as gmal too. Actually,
tags don't really have much to do with the current subject. My bad. I never
should mentioned it here! :)

But OT, I can see the benefits of a tagging based system where the folder
hierarchy is purely a visualization and the same mail can appear in multiple
folders and yet be just one true copy on the file system. In fact I prefer this
approach in many areas like my music collection. But this all getting off topic
so ill stop here! :)
--
Cheers!
Kishore