[kdepim-users] kmail(21788) KMSearch::slotSearchFolderResult: "trash" found 0 [BUG found]

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Fri Oct 3 00:06:16 BST 2008

Olá  e a todos.

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 22:49:58 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> Can some one help me?
> This saturday my kmail started being utterly slow, so I started it with # kmail --nofork.
> A few seconds after Kmail starts it starts to print lines like this one, for every folder I have.
> kmail(21788) KMSearch::slotSearchFolderResult: "trash" found 0
>
> Until it hits all my emails, I cant use kmail.... and this lasts several minutes.
>
> Can someone point me a way to fix this?
>
> $ kmail --version
> Qt: 4.4.2
> KDE: 4.1.2 (KDE 4.1.2)
> KMail: 1.10.1

I traced the origin of the problem.
Since the lines mention Search, I opened up Search in an empty folder.
Since then I have no more problems.

It all started last weekend when I needed to do a search no my entire archive. It seems that every time kmail opened up (even after several reboots) it would try to tun my last search, and that was the entire archive.. yeah, it took my system to extremes.
Now my last search is a very quick one, even if runs every time.
I'll report it on bugs.kde.org and track it from launchpad.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net