[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 19 10:19:18 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 18:53:04 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2008 07:07:18 Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> > My kmail takes care of various folders with more than 4000 emails and
> > does it pretty well :)
> >
> > My largest folder contains about 8k mails, though.
>
> As long as they are maildir format, yes, it works well.  If they are mbox,
> though, those folders would be very slow.

Pegasus uses mbox, and I've noticed that maildir format in KMail keeps a file
for every email message. How slow is very slow ?  I guess it depends on the
number of emails in the one file (mbox) and the total size of the folder (one
Pegasus .PMM file is over 14Mb ), and also the computer (grunt).

Thanks,

Peter