[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed Nov 19 22:11:50 GMT 2008

Olá Peter777 e a todos.

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 06:08:10 Peter777 wrote:
> There is over 700Mb in total using Pegasus. I wouldn't even like to guess how
> many folders there are, possibly more than 500 at least. There is absolutely
> no relationship/bearing that one mail box 'set' has on another 'set', they
> are completely different in their usage and the heirarchy, etc, etc.
>
> Also, I have actually seen posts about KMail having problems with large email
> boxes. I don't know if that is true, but many of these folders are
> considerable size, and it is nothing for one folder to contain 4,000 emails.

I have over 65k (unread) emails from 12 accounts using [$du -chs .kde/share/apps/kmail/] 15GBis.
Other then a 2 or 3 crashs a day for the devel version (KDE: 4.1.73 (KDE 4.1.72 (KDE 4.2 >= 20081112)) KMail: 1.10.3) and a lot of RAM used, it works great to me.
VSIZE 	 RSIZE 	MEM 	CMD
658.3M 	101.3M 	3% 		kmail

--
BUGabundo  :o)