[kdepim-users] Adding custom button in KAddressBook

Γιώργος Μιχαλογιωργάκης giorgis.m at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:56:31 GMT 2008

Στις Κυριακή 30 Νοέμβριος 2008 15:46:02 ο/η Art Alexion έγραψε:

> Giorgo, I am in gnome on my eee right and can't poke around to try to
> answer your question, but I have a question of you.  Does your script
> actually sync, i.e. on a record by record basis, or is it primairly a
> backup?  I would really be interested in a sync sloution.

Hi,

Well, I keep my address book in a single std.vcf file. I have an "import"
script that checks whether i have the same file as the server and
an "export" script that sends an altered file to the server.  This way I
can access the address book from multiple machines, maybe change something
and submit the changes back.  There is no version control or anything more
involved. So I guess it resembles backups scripts.

Giorgos