[kdepim-users] Adding a "net address book" resource to Kontact

Any any at osterlohs.de
Wed Nov 26 19:44:27 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am currently running:
- Linux 2.6.22.19-0.1-default i686
- 3.5.7 "release 72.9"
- openSUSE 10.3 (i586)

Under openSuSE 10.2 (i586) with KDE 3.5.5 "release 45.10" it was possible to
add vcf-contacts file that resided on a different machine in the network.
This was done by clicking on "Add..." and then choosing "network" from the
list of types of Address Books displayed in the "Add Address Book" Dialogue
Window.

I don't know why but, in the "Add Address Book" Dialogue window, I am not
given the option to select "network" in my current openSuSE10.3 system with
its KDE 3.5.7 version.

Does anyone know what I need to add/change/configure and where I need to make
these changes in order to be able to add an exported vcf-formatted resource
file (stored on a samba-share) to my Kontacts resources.

Goal is to have several machines to access the same resource-file.

Thank You very much and
Best Regards
franklyfrank