[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 19 04:40:20 GMT 2008

Hi Anne,

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 04:32:03 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008 13:19:18 Peter777 wrote:
> > Hi Anne,
> >
> > My sincere apologies, BUT, I have not received any replies from Ingo or
> > yourself.
>
> Then you need to check why that is happening.  Ingo replied to you twice on
> Sunday and once yesterday.  My message was on Sunday.  They were all sent
> to the list, and I received all of them.

Well, it seems another apology is needed. I checked this mailing list options,
and I had 'digest' selected. I was receiving the digests, but all they had
was a few URL's, and as I'm trying to get my brain around KMail usage in
addition to still using Pegasus, I didn't notice in Pegasus that those
digests actually contained attachments.

I have now set digest to 'Off'.

Sorry, and my apologies to other people on this list, I just don't get it most
days.  :)

> > > You are asking for a feature that has never been said to exist
> >
> > That is not correct. One factor in doing this, is to move the mail boxes
> > to another location. I have tried that, and cannot get it to work. The
> > second factor in being able to do this, is to have a KMail config file,
> > for each mail box 'set'.  That _should_ be easy by using the 'config'
> > parm, but I also cannot get that to work either.
>
> Where did you find this information about the 'config' parameter?  It
> doesn't appear to be in the Handbook, and Ingo says he didn't know such a
> thing exists, which would make me very suspicious.

Try this at command/terminal level

$ kmail --help-kde

and you will see the config option.

> > Whilst the feature may not exist, if the config parm worked and the
> > 'folder' option in the kmailrc worked, then the 'feature' would work.
> >
> > Of course, I mean that it doesn't work for me, and I may be doing
> > something stupid, that is very possible.
> >
> > > , and you are
> > > unwilling to consider any workaround.
> >
> > I'm willing for workarounds, but did not recieve any replies from Ingo or
> > yourself. Were these replies sent to the list ?  If not, they may not
> > have got through the server I use, it uses ASSP  ??
>
> Check your server.

It was my brain, the server/ASSP is okay.

Peter