[kdepim-users] pgp not working

Pastor JW jolson at gohighspeed.com
Sat May 24 05:38:08 BST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 04:13:26 pm Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Fri May 23 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Have you got pinentry-qt?
>
> I didn't but I do now. still no joy..
> when  I try a rescan it always says it can't find /usr/bin/gpg
> would making a link from /usr/local/bingpg /usr/bin/gpg help?

It CAN work but will never work by using the available "how to's".  I had
someone take me through the install once and it worked all the way up until I
updated Mandriva 2007 to 2008!  Pointless to go through the whole procedure
again as it is really not useful and you have to start all over everytime you
update your system.  Each time you reinstall it it lacks a piece or two to be
usefull and you'll chase it for a couple months, missing out on the things
you really ought to have been doing.   Can sign a message?  Sure but I have
to do my password each time so it is still broken isn't it?  I will in fact
sign this one but I disabled the "auto signing" as it can't do it.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org