[kdepim-users] pgp not working

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat May 24 00:37:07 BST 2008

On Fri May 23 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > try dpkg-reconfigure on them.
> >
> > If that doesn't work do an aptitude purge of them and a reinstall.
>
> ok, I tried the dpkg-reconfigure on gnupg2 and gpgme, that didn't work.
> what should I purge & reinstall??
>
> --

# apt-get purge gnupg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libclass-methodmaker-perl python-vte librsync1
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apt* apt-listbugs* apt-utils* aptitude* aptoncd* cdebootstrap* cowdancer*
  debian-archive-keyring* debian-multimedia-keyring* duplicity* gdebi*
  gdebi-core* gnome-app-install* gnome-gpg* gnupg* gpgkeys* kaddressbook*
  kgpg* kmail* kontact* korganizer* libept0* libgnupg-interface-perl*
  libgpgme11* libgpgme6* libkleopatra1* libkpimidentities1*
  libmail-gnupg-perl* pbuilder* python-apt* python-gnupginterface* reportbug*
  synaptic* tasksel* tasksel-data* update-manager* update-notifier*
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  apt debian-archive-keyring (due to apt)
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 37 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
After this operation, 65.0MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800