[kdepim-users] kontact not kontacting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 13:33:44 BST 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 11:07:59 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:14:39 +0100
> Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Anne,
>
> > The easiest way is to rename ~/.kde to ~/.kdeOld, then log out and
> > back in.
>
> Which often fails (here, at least);  .kde will often be recreated
> before you can log out.  Best rename .kde outside the user's own
> environment.

It would certainly be better to do it outside kde.  But I would have thought
that if it got recreated it would have default files, not the old values.
All the same, it would be necessary to log out in order to force reading of
the new config files.

I did it a couple of times in the past, with no problems, but it's quite a
long time since.

Anne