[kdepim-users] kontact not kontacting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 10:14:39 BST 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 01:20:42 Tom Daly wrote:
> > ubject:
> > Re: [kdepim-users] kontact not kontacting
> > From:
> > Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org>
> > Date:
> > Sun, 18 May 2008
> >
> >> Ingo wrote:
> >> Okay. So it is indeed akregator that is causing the problems. To find
> >> out whether your configuration causes the crash or whether there is a
> >> general problem with your akregator installation please create a new
> >> user account and try to start akregator with this account
>
> finally getting back to this:
> I followed your advice and created a new user account- as you suspected,
> Kontact (and all its various components) start and run normally.  So it
> must be something in 'my' config files that is borked.  <newbwarn> What
> do I delete/rename and where? </newbwarn>

The easiest way is to rename ~/.kde to ~/.kdeOld, then log out and back in.  A
new, clean set of files will be set up.  You can then copy back all your
mail, contact and organizer settings, but do it one at a time and test each
step.

If you need other files look in /.kde/share/config.  Just avoid anything that
could remotely be connected with akregator.

Anne