[kdepim-users] KMail: Unrecognised transport protocol

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed May 28 18:18:16 BST 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 12:55:19 pm Matthias Hüller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using KMail 1.9.9 (KDE 3.5.9) with Kubuntu 8.04 and gmx.net as
> Email-Provider. Since installing the new Kubuntu i'm unable to send mail
> with SMTP because of "Unrecognised transport protocol. Unable to send
> message".
>
> My settings for "Sending" should be fine:
> Host: mail.gmx.net
> Port: 25
> Server required authentication: yes
> Login: xxx
> Password: xxx
> Encription: None
> Authentication method: PLAIN
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Matthias

Are you very sure the smpt is mail.xxx.xxx ?  I have four accounts and in each
case mail.xxx.xxx is the receiving mail one and the sending for each of
three, ( I can only recieve with one and have to use a online editor to send
mail out)  is smpt.xxx.xxx  However, my son has an account that has
mail.xxx.xxx IS the sending server so I guess it could be.  Then too, are you
sure the sending server requires authentication?   If it doesn't and you add
it anyway, you get that same error notice.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org