[kdepim-users] deleting all mail in gmail spam folder at regular intervals

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed May 7 21:37:33 BST 2008

Olá E e a todos.

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 02:14:05 E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to delete all mail in gmail/dimap account spam folder at
> regular intervals? I looked into defining a filter to do this task without
> success. I did the same for kmail with similar result. Basically, what I want
> to do is either having the gmail imap server delete all mail in the spam
> folder at regular intervals, with me even not reading them, or preventing the
> server to send the spam mail folder content to kmail. I would appreciate any
> ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Hakan

Thats not easy.
GMail imap is not like regular imap.
Emails simply deleted from a label, via an email client, will not be deleted from gmail, UNLESS they are move to trash.

But then YOU have a problem. moving SPAM out of the spam folder to the TRASH folder, will make spam to be marked as HAM. Not a good solution.

Due to a limitation on the current version of KMail, we are not able to select what folders to sync when using dIMAP. IRC Ingo said that the next version will do this.

AFAICS your best bet, is to get some script that would use the web-interface to access the "empy spam" function of GMail.
I know of a windows mail preview client that works well enough on wine that can do this: POPPeeper.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net