[kdepim-users] Fwd: [Kde-pim] Ubuntu 8.04: Kontact missing IMAP Groupware Objects and actions - SOLVED

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue May 20 19:12:39 BST 2008

Hi everybody,

the below message might be interesting for anybody who is missing his
IMAP groupware folders.

Subject: [Kde-pim] Ubuntu 8.04: Kontact missing IMAP Groupware Objects
and actions - SOLVED
Date: Tuesday 20 May 2008
From: Markus Feilner <lists at feilner-it.net>
To: KDE PIM <kde-pim at kde.org>

Hi,
for anybody who has noticed the same problem in Kontact/Kmail with IMAP
Groupware storage, I have included the following guideline to my blog.
Here is my description, any comments/suggestions are welcome.

This applies to KDE 3.5.9, the enterprise branch is not affected.

Solving Problem with KDE Kontact (missing IMAP Groupware folders)
May 17, 2008

(Just short, a long version of this tech tipp will come soon.)

If your KDE Kontact Groupware Client is suddenly missing IMAP
Addressbooks,
other GW ressources and dialogues, then add the
line "TheIMAPResourceAccount=" to the [Imap Ressource] Section of the
file
kmailrc in ~/.kde/share/config. Enter the Identifier of your IMAP
Storage
behind the "=", you'll find it in the same section. Here comes an
example
from my files:

[IMAP Resource]

HideGroupwareFolders=false

TheIMAPResourceAccount=1004672513

TheIMAPResourceEnabled=true

TheIMAPResourceFolderLanguage=1

TheIMAPResourceFolderParent=.1004672513.directory/.INBOX.directory/Groupware

The Developer Team knows about this bug, and they are working on it - I
guess.

Here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim/+bug/139433)
you'll
find the bugreport. Sadly, I found out that this applies to Suse, Ubuntu
and
other Linux versions since late 2007.
##############################

http://mfeilner.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/solving-problem-with-kde-kontact-missing-imap-groupware-folders/
--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

-------------------------
Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                        +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                           +49 170 3 02 70 92
WWW: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
My OpenVPN book - http://www.packtpub.com/openvpn/book
OPENVPN : Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks
My new book - Out now: http://www.packtpub.com/scalix/book
SCALIX Linux Administrator's Guide