[kdepim-users] kaddressbook

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 21 19:45:38 BST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 17:01:38 Abi Hall wrote:
> hi there

Hi, Abi, and welcome :-)  I hope you're enjoying your EeePC.

> i have recently purchased an eecpc which came with your PIM software
>
> i really want to use the kdeaddress book but every time i try to open it
> (by clicking on it in the panel view) it comes up with an error message

I'm not exactly sure just what you are seeing, so let me ask some questions.

I presume that you are new to linux, and are using the 'Easy' interface, just
as it comes?

Are you launching the pim from Work > Accessories?

What do you see then?  You said 'an error message'.  Please tell us what it
says.

> i'm not even sure if im contacting you on the correct line or even if i am
> opening it correctly so a rapid response with more detailed instructions
> than are on the help guide or a reason for the error messages would be
> fantastic

Things feel strange at first, but you'll soon learn your way around.  And yes,
this is a good place to ask.

> sorry to bother you

No bother at all.  We are a mutual help group :-)

Anne