[kdepim-users] I need HELP with the KONTACT software that is installed in my ASUS...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:28:57 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 22:32:06 global oneaccess wrote:
>  need you guys to tell me how I can input more than one home address and
> several business addresses into a file for one person.  Also, I see that
> somehow there is an option to put in extra fields, but I can't get it to
> work.  The manual that comes with the ASUS is not easily understood.  I
> NEED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE who will walk me through this.  I purchased this
> 7" ASUS for the SOLE PURPOSE of using it as a telephone and address
> DIRECTORY to act as contact management for me.  I can't get it to work the
> way I want it to.  I need more spaces to put more addresses and phone
> numbers for each entry.  A consultant suggested that I open a new entry for
> each address, but that would really be STUPID and cumbersome.  I also
> noticed that the version of KONTACT on this ASUS is 1.1.2; and I know that
> there are several more versions since this one.  IS THERE A VERSION THAT
> GIVES ME MORE FIELDS TO PUT MORE ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS AND A NOTES
> SECTION FOR EACH ENTRY???  PLEASE HELP! PLEASE SEND PHONE NUMBERS.  I am in
> a hurry.  I can't sit around waiting and waiting for someone's email to
> eventually get back to me.  Or you can call me on my cell: (862)228-7118.
> HELP!!!  Thank you!

Steady - you're panicking :-)  Is this an EeePC?  If so, I'll fire mine up to
check that there are no differences, but you have been able to do these
things for as long as I can remember.

It's no problem to use more than one address in the addressbook part of
kontact.  On the edit screen for any address, select Edit Addresses.  There
you can add one or more addresses to the existing one.  The Details tab is
where you will put your notes.  There is also a Custom Fields tab, where you
can define your additional ones.

Anne