[kdepim-users] two questions

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:24:12 GMT 2008

On 24/03/2008, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> There's not much you can do about this except convince the senders of
>  messages without or with wrong encoding to fix or change their mail
>  clients.

That could happen when the mailing list appends messages, such as
unsubscribe info, to a message. I might send a message in ISO-8859-8
(because I am a Hebrew user) to a Russian mailing list, which will
append Russian text to the bottom and change the encoding to KOI8-R.

Note that I've yet to see this in practice. My local Israeli LUG
mailing list is in English, but it is entirely possible. UTF-8 is not
common in Hebrew, unfortunately, and I know that KOI8-R is a very
popular Russian encoding.

The only real safe bet is UTF-8 I think. Maybe not even that for Asian text.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.