[kdepim-users] two questions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 16:29:05 GMT 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 11:32:21 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 March 2008, dusa.adrian wrote:
> > > Dear list,
> > >
> > > 1. Is it possible to sort the threaded messages in the order of
> > > the last email in the thread? The functionality is similar to
> > > Gmail, where the thread is moved to the top of the list whenever
> > > a new message arrives in that thread, no matter when the first
> > > message in the thread is dated.
> >
> > No, unfortunately that's currently not possible. KMail always sorts
> > by the head of the thread.
>
> This would be a great feature.
> Is there a wish bug for this?
>
> > > 2. Is it possible to right click on the message, and to select
> > > the encoding? I have messages in different languages with
> > > different encodings, it would be extremely useful for non-native
> > > English speakers to rapidly select an encoding...
> >
> > Usually it should not be necessary to change the encoding because
> > KMail will automatically choose the correct encoding provided the
> > encoding is listed in the message. If the encoding is not listed in
> > the message (which means the message was created with a buggy email
> > application) then you can change the encoding via Set Encoding in
> > the View menu.
>
> And when is this is sent from a mailinglist software?

Unless the mailinglist software is buggy that's irrelevant because the
correct encoding is already set by the mail client the message was
created with. Mailinglist software should not change the encoding.

> > If you receive lots of broken messages encoded with the same
> > encoding then you can define this encoding as "Fallback character
> > encoding" in the configuration dialog under Appearance/Message
> > Window.
>
> I changed mine from UTF8 to Wind1252, and fix one ML.
> How about the others?

There's not much you can do about this except convince the senders of
messages without or with wrong encoding to fix or change their mail
clients.