[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 23 15:03:38 GMT 2008

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008 14:32, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > >
> > > How do you get to this wizard, Martin?  I can't find it.
> >
> > Its is called 'groupwarewizard' and it is in the office-program
> > menue (at least in fedora). I know that mandriva has a slightly
> > modified menue - so I don't know the menu entry.
>
> My server runs CentOS 5, almost identical to Fedora 6.  There isn't
> a menu entry, but I ran it from the Run-box.  It didn't help.  I
> think that I am basically not getting the groupware user set up
> properly.  The instructions show how to do it in cyrus, but I run
> dovecot.  I've just quoted the relevant part of the instructions to
> the dovecot list, in the hope that someone can guide me in creating
> the equivalent.

I used this for a test user (because my own imap box has too much
mails to test cached imap) and after I had all running with my own
mailbox. I don't use a special groupware user for this.

I don't think that this is a problem with the imapserver. May be it is
time to test dovecot imap server.

> Meanwhile, for me to think about, can you remember the settings you
> gave the wizard?  I presume you gave the IP for the host?  What
> about the email question?  I gave it 'groupware at lydgate.lan' - was
> that right?

I gave the hostname of my mailserver (by the way a CentOS 5.1 too), my
e-mail address, my username and my password (I don't need that on a
regular basis because I use kerberos to authentication stuff, but the
wizzard forced me to enter the user-password.

After that I had to change the usernames (because my username does not
match my e-mail address) and had to remove the online free and busy
stuff (kolab has it, but My server currently don't). Then everything
worked fine (besides the encoding stuff).

> Thanks
>
> Anne

Martin