[kdepim-users] gmail / google apps, dIMAP and kontact

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Mar 29 11:44:23 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Frank Thieme wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > Ok, now when I use dIMAP and read eMails, it is just marked as
> > > read, but it is not archived. Why?
> >
> > Do you mean it is not archived when you sync the next time with
> > gmail?
>
> no, just marked read...

Hmm. I have no idea why the archive functionality is not triggered. I
guess only the gmail developers can answer this question.

> > > Problem: I cannot see any unlabeled eMail after it is gone from
> > > my inbox. Maybe I should suggest an "unlabeled" folder in IMAP to
> > > googlemail...
> >
> > Sounds like a good idea.
>
> done
>
> > FWIW, I'm using gmail with a normal IMAP account and it works quite
> > well for me. But then again, I do not have any unlabeled messages.
>
> so you don't have the inbox problem?

I should have added that I label _and_ archive all incoming messages
with filters. So my inbox is basically always empty.

I just had another look at it (via IMAP). There was just one message.
KMail automatically selected and showed it. It did not vanish. Then I
opened GMail in Firefox and there the message is also shown in the
inbox. So I don't seem to be able to reproduce the inbox problem.

Is there some setting to make gmail automatically archive read messages?
Or why do you expect the read messages to be archived?